Energy Job for College Student (degree20267)
Click the Company Website or Source link to apply for this job.
Posted: 04/20/2017 Company name: Southern Cal Edison Company Website: https://sce.taleo.net/careersection/sce_external_career_section/jobdetail.ftl?job=70003122&src=JB-10220 Job Title: Financial Analyst Term: Entry Degree: Undergraduate Major: Business Finance/Accounting Industry: Utility/Pwr Provider Location CA South Source Description This position resides in the Operational Finance group within the Finance organization at SCE. The successful candidate will be responsible for p erforming research and analyses to support the effective utilization and treatment of the Company’s financial assets. Develops recommendations on long and short-term investment and borrowing strategies, investment of pension funds and decommissioning trust funds, and risk management. Devises pricing, capital and O&M expenditure, and capital recovery strategies to achieve corporate financial goals. Develops models to forecast business conditions and to support Corporate and departmental decision making. Reviews and assesses impacts of changing regulations. Develops and analyzes data and writes compelling testimony and responses to regulatory agencies in support of rate, regulatory, and demand side management activities in compliance with regulatory requirements.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Gathers, documents, analyzes, and draws conclusions on data and information.
- Assists in planning analyses, presentation media/materials, and implementation strategies for a portion of a less complex analysis.
- Utilizes existing models and methodologies.
- Coordinates preparation of presentation materials and may develop some materials.
- Supports presentations given by other analysts and supervisors.
- Applies financial modeling and formulas to data and provides advice and recommendations on decisions having minor impact on department or company.
- Calculates unit cost, labor cost, overhead allocation, and/or contract, services and material cost needed to develop budgets, compare actual to budgeted costs to support variance analysis and forecasting with direction and supervision.
- Builds detailed cost analysis expertise and performs cost trend analysis using historical and external data to support operational decision-making and continuous cost improvement with direction and supervision.
- Builds detailed analysis and reports utilizing Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Maintain a safety conscious work environment by following Edison safety protocols and safe work practices; and performing other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Must have graduated in the past 24 months or will graduate by December 2017 with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field.
- Must have experience with financial or quantitative analysis.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing and developing financial models.
- Demonstrated experience with forecasting and performing cost benefit/trend analysis.
- Demonstrated experience building reports and ability to track, analyze and maintain the accuracy and integrity of large amounts of data using Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, and databases.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing SAP.
- Demonstrated experience communicating financial information to various audiences including senior management.
- Ability to work with confidential information and maintain appropriate levels of confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, including identifying project needs, prioritizing multiple projects and following through all assignments.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively and collaborate with peers, clients, management, and other organizations.
- Must demonstrate the ability to integrate work across relevant areas, develop the business and services to enhance customer satisfaction and productivity, manage risks appropriately, develop and execute business plans, manage information, and provide exceptional service to internal and external customers.
- Must demonstrate effective resource and project planning, decision making, results delivery, team building, and the ability to stay current with relevant technology and innovation.
- Must demonstrate strong ethics, influence and negotiation, leadership, interpersonal skills, communication, and the ability to effectively manage stress and engage in continuous learning.
- Demonstrated ability to follow Edison safety protocols and safe work practices.
- Work location: Rosemead
- Additional testing may be required as part of the selection process for this position.
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Policy Statement for Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities