Cleantech Job for University Student (degree20291)
Click the Company Website or Source link to apply for this job.
Posted: 04/21/2017 Company name: AutoGrid Systems Company Website: http://autogrid.applytojob.com/apply/job_20170419131037_R77NNB4NQFZOVLIG/Solutions-Architect?source=INDE Job Title: Solutions Architect Term: Entry + Degree: Graduate Major: Bus MBA + STEM Industry: Storage Location CA North Source Description AutoGrid’s Industry Solutions team is a fast paced, results-oriented hands-on team that focuses on delivering end-to-end business and technical solutions to strategic customers and partners. The solutions delivered include AutoGrid’s leading demand side solutions along with newer big data and data science driven innovation solutions, built on AutoGrid’s industry leading Energy Data Platform.
The Industry Solutions team is responsible for working closely with sales to identify customer needs and educate customers on possible solutions, for developing proposal responses to RFIs/RFPs, and for successfully handing off the delivery of solutions to the Professional Services team.
The Distributed Energy Resource Management System (DERMS) Solution Architect focuses specifically on solutions to utility distribution system challenges by managing energy assets like distributed generation and battery storage with AutoGrid’s DERMS product. Significant subject matter knowledge in the areas of utility distribution automation and distributed generation are required to execute this role.
Desired Skills / Experience
- Familiarity with battery energy storage hardware and common use cases for the same
- Knowledge of basic distribution system operating principles and hardware components (line regulators, capacitor banks, protective relaying, etc)
- Photovoltaic inverter operation principals and control strategies
- SCADA system principles, protocols (such as Modbus, DNP3, IEC 60870-5-104, and ICCP), and associated industry practices
- Experience designing solutions which employ machine to machine communication technologies such as SCADA, MPLS, APN, and VPNs
- Familiarity with utility information technology (IT) and operations technology (OT) security principals and best practices
- Experience documenting product functionality requirements
- Experience deploying software products in enterprise environments and collaborating with multiple stakeholders
- Proven ability in performing rapid assessments of clients’ internal technology landscape and targeting use cases and deployment targets for AutoGrid’s solutions/platform
- An understanding of application/solution development and deployment concepts and tools that enable successful enterprise class solution acceptance and adoption
- A natural leader, with strong communication and listening skills, and ability to build strong, lasting relationships
- BS/MS (MS preferred) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- MBA desirable