Renewable Energy Job for University Graduate (degree19803)
Click the Company Website or Source link to apply for this job.
Posted: 03/20/2017 Company name: Emcore Company Website: https://rew11.ultipro.com/EMC1000/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*DEA2C33D2514649A&__jbsrc=950BE424-D07B-4CB9-88AC-2FE566617D17 Job Title: Mechanical Designer Term: Entry + Degree: Graduate Major: Engineering Mechanical Industry: Solar Location CA North Source Description Emcore Corporation has an immediate need for a Mechanical Design Engineer to support the Fiber Optic Gyro business on a full-time basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Design and develop packaging of Fiber Optic Gyro (FOG) components and Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) assemblies
- Resolve problems involving optical, electrical, mechanical, and thermal designs.
- Work closely with electrical design engineers to incorporate electrical and FOG components into overall IMU system assemblies
- Develop assembly processes and characterization tests for the module and its subassemblies.
- Develop manufacturing drawings and assembly instructions compliant with ANSI Y.14.
- Perform failure analysis on modules and subassemblies to identify root causes of failures.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field, with 3-5 years of experience.
- M.S. Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field,
- 3-5 years of experience with mechanical design / electronics packaging design and development
- Experience in the development of packaging solutions and tooling/fixtures for the production of mechanical and/or electronic components.
- Hands-on experience in failure analysis of mechanical assemblies and/or electronic modules, particularly with respect to packaging.
- Proficient in Solidworks or and MS Offices. (will consider experience with other relevant CAD packages)
- Flexibility in changing priorities and working hours to support business needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Aerospace industry experience
- Experience using and/or managing PDM software with Solidworks a Plus