Renewable Energy Job for College Student (degree19802)
Click the Company Website or Source link to apply for this job.
Posted: 03/20/2017 Company name: Level Solar Company Website: https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=bf250dcac70993c3& Job Title: Sr Accountant Term: Entry + Degree: Graduate Major: Business Finance/Accounting Industry: Solar Location NYC Source Description As a Senior Accountant/Assistant Controller, you will help Level Solar build a world class accounting and finance function as the company expands. You will support the Corporate Controller across all accounting and finance related activities which include, but are not limited to, the month-end close process, general ledger maintenance, financial reporting and technical accounting research.
- You are outgoing, passionate about your work and want to be a part of a dynamic organization that operates in a rapidly expanding industry
- You are able to maintain accuracy under deadlines with extreme attention to detail
- You enjoy working in collaborative, team-based environments and can also perform at a high level independently
- You have 3+ years of experience in public accounting or a mix of public/private accounting, a CPA is required
- You are well versed with respect to the audit process from a public accounting firm point of view and/or from the client’s point of view
- You have a strong understanding of US GAAP, financial reporting, financial concepts and principles, including those relating to the consolidation of subsidiaries, inventories, revenue recognition and stock-based compensation
- You are proficient with NetSuite, Excel, data extraction tools etc.
- Assist with the month-end close and consolidation process for multiple subsidiaries
- Ensure that reconciliation of all accounts are completed and accurate on a timely basis
- Provide support for monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting requirements to third parties
- Act as the point person for external auditors and other external service providers with respect to accounting and finance, including the annual audit and income taxes
- Assist the Corporate Controller with developing a formal, monthly financial reporting package which focuses on key metrics and meets the needs of company leadership and other external parties
- Play an active role in the development, monitoring and evaluation of formal accounting and finance policies as the company scales
- Work to ensure that proper and consistent financial accounting methodologies, techniques and policies are adopted on a consistent basis
- Assist with the identification, research and resolution of technical accounting and reporting issues, as needed
- Oversee and/or prepare information for periodic and other ad hoc financial reports for internal and external users
- Prepare payroll on a semi-monthly basis utilizing ADP Workforce and record all applicable journal entries
- Manage the accounts payable function of the company to ensure AP is accurate, up to date and the company remains in good standing with vendors
- Build and maintain relationships with auditors, banks, attorneys, vendors and other third parties
- Build and maintain relationships at all levels within the company, maintaining a positive attitude
- Continuously identify and implement ways to improve Level Solar’s accounting and finance functions
- Contribute to a fun, positive work environment!
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting, CPA is required
- 3+ years of accounting experience
- 2-3+ years of experience with a national firm (Big 4, Grant Thorton, McGladrey, BDO, etc.) or a mix of public/private experience with a focus on both public and private clients
- Experience with public and private accounting a plus
- Proficient with NetSuite, Excel, data extraction tools and other software typically utilized within accounting and finance