Green Energy Job for College Graduate (degree20268)
Click the Company Website or Source link to apply for this job.
Posted: 04/20/2017 Company name: Aclara Company Website: https://careers-aclara.icims.com/jobs/1486/software-engineering-summer-intern---reston/job?mobile=false&width=675&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-360&jun1offset=-300 Job Title: Summer Internship Term: Intern 2017 summer Degree: Both Major: Computer Science/Engineering Industry: Smart Grid/ Energy Efficiency Location VA Source Description Aclara is offering paid internship opportunities to students pursuing a degree in Computer Science or related field. Interns will work closely with our software development team to deliver strategic software initiatives for our customers. We are looking for students who are self-motivated, reliable and excited about the opportunity to work with innovative, cloud based web applications. You will gain valuable hands-on experience and have the chance to learn in a fast-paced and ground-breaking environment!
The intern will act as a member of our software engineering team and perform tasks associated with the system development life cycle including design, development, testing, troubleshooting and maintenance.
Serve as a software engineer working on one or more of the following areas:
- Front-end using CSS, HTML5, JQuery, JSON, and frameworks such as Bootstrap or Foundation.
- Business and service layers using C#, MVC, and Web API.
- Back-end using C#, SQL Server, & Azure databases. Participate in an agile scrum team. Take initiative and work independently with guidance from a mentor.
- Maintain existing code using older .NET-based technologies.
- Follow professional software development practices including code inspections, creation of automated unit tests and static analysis
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Proficiency in an Object Oriented language – e.g. C#, Java.
- Good organization skills
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines
- Attendance and punctuality are essential.