Green Energy Job for University Graduate (degree20287)
Click the Company Website or Source link to apply for this job.
Posted: 04/21/2017 Company name: Lux Research Company Website: http://luxresearchinc.force.com/careers/ts2__JobDetails?jobId=a0c50000005uW56AAE&tSource= Job Title: Strategic Research Assoc. Term: Entry Degree: Both Major: Multiple-eng/sci Industry: Research/Development Location NYC Source Description Research Associates spend their time speaking with thought leaders and clients, analyzing corporate strategies, attending and speaking at conferences, and analyzing their findings to aid clients’ business decisions. A Lux Research Associate will help develop new analytical tools to assess corporate performance, will speak with industry leaders, form industry-shaping viewpoints, engage with clients, travel globally, and collaborate with a dynamic and diverse team.
- Conduct primary and extensive secondary research on corporate innovation strategy drawing on diverse sources, including business and trade press articles, corporate filings, patent filings, venture capital transactions, and conference presentations.
- Work with team to develop advanced analytical tools to assess differences in corporate strategies and their outcomes.
- Perform thorough analysis of the business strategy for a broad range of companies.
- Author descriptive documents that profile the activities of major corporations.
- Assist with the production of research reports and other client deliverables.
- A strong record of academic achievement. Bachelor's degree required in physical, life or information sciences including materials science, chemistry, physics, chemical engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, biology, or biomedical engineering; Master's degree is preferred.
- Background or experience in one or more of the following: mathematics, materials science, chemistry, physics, life science, civil or environmental engineering, chemical engineering, electrical engineering, or mechanical engineering.
- Deep intellectual curiosity about helping companies innovate, and passion for discussing ideas with internal colleagues and external clients on a daily basis.
- Willingness to do whatever it takes to meet client needs in a fast-moving, rapidly growing, start-up environment.
- Entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, collegial, and collaborative approach to work.
- High degree of organization and attention to detail; ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Ability to write clearly and incisively about business and technical topics, and desire to refine presentation and public speaking skills to present on such topics to executive audiences.
- Superior listening and critical thinking skills, and ability to speak articulately and think on your feet; a good sense of humor is a major plus.
- Strong analytical skill, both qualitative and quantitative; fluency with statistical analysis tools a strong plus.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is a must; other foreign language skills are also desirable.
- Excellent office software skills (Excel proficiency required) and ability to touch type.
- We are seeking local candidates immediately available for full-time work. There is no relocation assistance for this position.
- This is an entry-level opening which is not appropriate for Ph.D.'s or post-docs.